GPU Virtual Machine Service Billing Agreement
Terms and Conditions of Service
2. Service Description
OGC’s GPU Virtual Machine Service provides customers with access to virtual machines equipped with GPU capabilities for computing tasks such as data processing, machine learning, and other GPU-intensive workloads.
3. Billing and Payment
3.1 Payment Method
- You must provide a valid payment method to use the Service. We accept payments through Stripe for credit/debit card transactions.
- By registering a payment method, you authorize OGC to charge your payment method for all charges incurred in connection with your use of the Service.
3.2 Billing Cycle
- The Service is billed on a pay-as-you-go basis and is calculated per minute of usage.
- Billing commences when a Service instance is available and stops when the instance is terminated.
3.3 Payment Threshold
- Billing is triggered when your accumulated charges reach the predefined payment threshold or at the end of the billing cycle, whichever comes first.
- You may request an adjustment to your billing threshold by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prices for the Service do not include applicable taxes. You are responsible for any taxes that arise from your use of the Service in your Jurisdiction.
- For UK customers VAT is automatically calculated and included in the invoice and payment collection.
3.5 Failed Payments
- In case of a failed payment, services will be suspended in no less than 8 hours and may be removed after a period of 48 hours. Services will be resumed once payment issues are resolved.
4. Changes to Billing Agreement
- OGC reserves the right to modify this Billing Agreement at any time. Changes will become effective immediately upon posting to our website or when we notify you otherwise.
5. Cancellation and Termination
- You may cancel your Service at any time. Billing will cease upon termination of the Service.
- OGC reserves the right to terminate this Agreement and suspend the Service for any breach of these terms.
6. Refunds and Disputes
- Charges for the Service are non-refundable, except as required by law or as explicitly set forth in this Agreement.
- Any billing disputes must be reported to OGC within 60 days of the transaction in question.
7. Limitation of Liability and Data Loss
7.1 Responsibility for Data
- The Customer is solely responsible for the security, protection, backup, and replication of their data stored on the Service. Ori Global Cloud recommends that Customers regularly back up their data as part of a comprehensive data management strategy.
7.2 Loss of Data
- Ori Global Cloud shall not be held liable for any loss of data under any circumstances, including but not limited to, data loss resulting from operational errors by the Customer, service suspensions, or terminations due to billing issues, or during the enforcement of the terms of this Agreement.
7.3 Service Termination
- In the event of termination of the Customer’s VM(s) or Service, whether initiated by the Customer or by OGC due to non-compliance with this Agreement, OGC will not be responsible for any loss of data that may occur as a result of such termination.
7.4 Data Recovery
- OGC does not guarantee that data can be recovered once a Service instance has been terminated or suspended. It is the Customer's responsibility to ensure that their data is securely backed up.
8. Contact Information
For billing support or to dispute a charge, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. Governing Law
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom, where OGC is registered, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
By using the Service, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the terms of this Billing Agreement.